From Bagdogra International Airport:
At the Firefly Resort, Deluxe rooms are the most affordable rooms in our offerings. The room is suitable for two people and can enjoy beautiful sceneries from the window. You can choose either of Non AC/AC rooms in this category.
- Transportation means: You can drive all by yourself or take taxi from the airport to reach Lataguri.
- Distance: the distance from Bagdogra airport to Lataguri is 44 km and the road distance is 67. 9 km.
- Time: 1 hour 50 minutes approx.
- Cost: Rs. 1,100 maximum.
From NJP (New Jalpaiguri Junction):
- Transportation means: drive/taxi
- Distance: 56 km road distance
- Time: 1 hour 36 minutes approx
- Cost: Rs. 1000 to 1100.
After a bit tiresome journey, you are all set to rest in the exotic Lataguri Hotels and set your heart free in the wilderness of the place.
Why is Lataguri admired for?
Lataguri is admired for its serene raw beauty of nature, friendly local people and the lavish and budget friendly Doars Lataguri resorts such as Firefly Resort. The place houses the maximum species of flora and fauna with the mesmerizing view of dense wildlife in its purest and unfiltered form.
Plan your trip to these alluring places staying in comfortable Lataguri Hotels
As soon as you make yourself comfortable in one of the best Lataguri hotels, you can start exploring the quaint village with all your enthusiasm. Some of the best places worthy of your visit are:
- Gorumara National Park: with the mixed vegetation of forest and grassland, wild animals amongst which the most famous is- one horned Rhino. The maximum time taken from your stay in Doars Lataguri hotels will not be more than 15 minutes. So, you can plan a whole day trip and return to the comfort of Lataguri hotels in no time.
- Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary: you can do activities like birdwatching, jungle safari and watchtower visit.
- Jayanti Mahakal Caves: located on the bank of river Jayanti, you can discover the ancient ruins of the caves and soak in the tranquillity offered by the place and Doars Lataguri resorts.
- Buxa Tiger Reserve: this can steal your day but the breathtaking view of the country’s 15th Tiger Reserve is worth your time. Apart from tiger, you can see variety of other wild animals also.
- Rovers point: a must visit place for bird lovers. Hilltop with the view of expanded forest and feathered beauties. Spend your day watching and capturing the rarest species of birds in your lenses.
- Buxa Fort: find history resting at its ease in the Buxa Fort, explore the olden times of Doars and come back with refreshed memories.
- Murti River: enjoy the pictorial flowing river and its soothing environment with the sightseeing and river soaking activities.
- Visit splendid places like Jaldhaka and Bindu: although places like Jaldhaka and Bindu are little away from Lataguri but the exquisite Lataguri hotels can still guide you towards these places and experience the cultural heritage of the people, with the view of beautiful river valley surrounded by Bhutan Tibet and china.
Where to stay?
There are several accommodations for your stay in Lataguri. From cozy homestays to exclusively designed Lataguri hotels and from luxurious forest resorts like Firefly Resort to forest bungalow, Lataguri hotels will focus on your comfort, hygiene and convenience to create a joyful experience on your visit to the Doars.
From a distant remote village to the hub for tourists, Lataguri has come up a long way. The popularity is all it deserves as you can soak in the lap of Mother Nature, witness some exquisite scenarios and experience the comfort of home in Lataguri Hotels. You can visit the place throughout the year, however it is recommended not to plan your trip during monsoon as the place is forest based, though it is your personal choice.